Cooked Crumbled Sausage (I used Jimmy Dean pre-cooked crumbles) or Chorizo
Shredded Taco Cheese
1. Dice green peppers and onions. If using raw sausage, cook & drain it before putting in the egg mixture.
2. Spray fry pan with cooking spray. Pour Egg Beaters, sausage, peppers, onions, and hashbrowns into fry pan until cooked through (like a scrambled egg).
3. Heat tortillas to soften then add the egg mixture to them.
4. Sprinkle with cheese, jalepenos and add salsa to taste.
5. Finally, wrap tortilla around the ingredients.
Finished ingredients of Breakfast Burrito, before folding in shell.
Sweet Pepper Poppers
4 oz. cream cheese
8 sweet mini peppers
1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. garlic salt
¼ c. sharp cheddar cheese
¼ c. Parmesan cheese
1. Cut the peppers in half and remove any seeds and the veining. We removed the stem also.
2. Mix together the cream cheese, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, and the two cheeses.
3. Fill each pepper with about a tablespoon of mixture; or put the filling in a baggie and cut the end so that you can squeeze the mixture into the pepper
4. Place the poppers on the grill for about 8 minutes. Just enough to make the peppers a little tender.
Enjoying a sweet pepper popper at Brown County State Park. Another Amazing Camp-Land Race Recipe.
Dutch Oven Lasagna
1# ground beef
½# Italian sausage
2 – 24 oz. spaghetti sauces
4 cups shredded mozzarella
16 oz. cottage cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
2 Tbsp Parsley
1. Pre-cook ground beef & Italian sausage with 2 Tbsp of Italian seasoning. When cool place in gallon Ziploc baggie.
2. Preheat the Dutch oven.
3. Set aside some sauce approximately 1/3 cup – enough to coat the bottom of the Dutch oven. Pour remainder of sauce in to baggie with ground beef & Italian sausage and mix together by smushing the bag. Mixing could be done in a bowl, but we found this saved on clean up.
4. In another bag, add ¼ cup Parmesan, cottage cheese, and egg. Cover the bottom of the Dutch oven with a little layer of the sauce to prevent burning.
5. Put the layers in the oven in the following order:
a. Lasagna noodles (you may have to break to fit the space)
b. Meat sauce (1/3 of it)
c. Cheese mixture (1/2 of it)
d. Mozzarella cheese (1/3 of it)
e. Repeat until you have made three layers.
6. Top off the layers with the remaining ¼ c Parmesan cheese and a little Italian seasoning (to taste).
7. Bake for 1 hour until done. Rotate the lid and the oven regularly to ensure even cooking. Check on the dish frequently.
**We thought it sounded like a lot of spaghetti sauce in this dish, but because the noodles aren’t cooked they soak up the extra sauce and use it to cook the noodles.
Serves: approximately 10 people.
A member of Team Sayers placing ingredients of Lasagna in Dutch Oven.
The finished Lasagna. Doesn’t that look good!
THE AMAZING RACE IS UNDERWAY!