Summer’s end is fast approaching, and kids are heading back to school.
However, there’s a positive side to this change of seasons, because it
also means tailgating season is right around the corner! Sporting events
and tailgating are a great reason to own an RV. It just makes the whole
experience 10 times better! If you have kids involved with sports teams,
imagine taking the team to games with a great 5 th wheel in tow and
celebrating a win afterwards with a barbeque. Or maybe you have a
favorite football team, and would love to see the game, but the distance
and cost for a hotel are too great. An RV is a great way to spend the
night before a big game on the campus or near the stadium of your
Here are some great features that an RV can
provide you with this season.
1. An Outdoor Kitchen
Jay Flight SLX 324BDS
Jayco North Point 375 BHFS
2. Outdoor Entertainment System
Four Winds 29G
3. Party Decks!
Momentum 385 TH
Jayco Seismic 4113
There are many great reasons to get your own RV to be ready for
tailgating, but we’re here to help give you some great tailgating ideas.
Check out these great tailgating recipes to try at your next pregame
Touchdown Taco Cups
1 lb ground beef – browned/cooked
1 packet taco seasoning mix
1 package shredded lettuce
1 8 oz package shredded Taco blend cheese
1 avocado – prepared into guacamole
1 cup salsa
Chopped cherry tomatoes, black olives, green onions, jalapenos
for optional garnish
9 oz clear plastic cups
1. Cook ground beef and add in taco seasoning according to packet
2. Scoop a spoonful of taco mixture into clear plastic cups to use as
the last of the dip, followed by a layer of each listed ingredient
according to your liking. Top with extra cheese, jalapenos, olives,
3. Enjoy these great appetizers!
1 lb of ground beef is enough to make about 10 taco cups. Consider
doubling the recipe if feeding a larger crowd.
Ham and Swiss Sliders
· 12 oz package Hawaiian sweet rolls (12 rolls)
· 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
· 1 1/2 Tablespoons dried mined onion
· 1/2 cup (8 Tablespoons or 1 stick) of melted unsalted butter
· 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1. Combine the melted butter, Dijon mustard, poppy seeds, and
minced onion. Whisk together until well blended.
2. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Then cut each roll in half.
3. Cut the deli Swiss and ham in half, then fold each piece in half to
make smaller pieces that will fit on the bread.
4. Layer the sliders by starting with one folded slice of Swiss, then a
folded slice of ham, then another Swiss, one more ham, and finally
top with a folded slice of Swiss. So you’ll end up with alternating
layers of 3 folded pieces of Swiss and 2 folded pieces of ham on
5. Complete with the rest of the rolls then put them into a baking
dish, arranged tightly together.
6. Spoon the butter mixture on top of each roll, covering each
completely with onions and poppy seeds.
7. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake 2-3
minutes until tops are slightly browned.
A bit more complicated, but a great tailgating dish. These are best
served warm and fresh! Also, the recipe can be doubled/tripled for
Or, for those that do no/cannot enjoy ham-
Chicken Parmesan Sliders
1 Slider buns
1 lb Breaded Chicken Tenders (Precooked)
2 c Pasta sauce
2 c Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 c Parmesan cheese, shredded
3 tbsp Butter, melted
1 tsp Garlic powder (more to taste)
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place the bottom half of the slider buns in a greased casserole dish.
3. Place cooked chicken tenders on the bottom buns and then cover them
4. Combine the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle it over the
5. Place the top buns on the sliders.
6. Melt the butter and mix the garlic powder until it is thoroughly
combined. (feel free to add more garlic powder if you like garlic as
much as I do!)
7. Pour the melted butter over the buns and then sprinkle with Italian
8. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 10 minutes, then remove the foil
and continue baking for another 10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and Eat!
While you’re partying and having fun, it’s important to remember to be
safe too. So be sure to check over these safety tips to have an incident
1. Keep a first aid kit readily on hand.
2. Bring jumper cables and a spare tire kit.
3. Make sure your fire extinguisher is easy to reach
4. Keep important phone numbers and allergy/medical information
5. Know your limits!