CAMPLAND RV 4TH OF JULY!
With the 4th of July fast approaching, we have some great prices on our RVs! We also wanted to help all of our campers spend a fun, safe holiday someplace great. So, we’ve come up with a few tips and some useful information to help you spend this holiday with family, by a campfire, watching fireworks, and just having a good time.
This year, some of the surrounding area 4th of July fireworks displays are as follows:
*Indiana Dunes State Park, Indiana
When- June 29, 2017 (Rain date July 5) Fireworks @ 9:15
Cost- In state $7, Out of State $12
*Michigan City Washington Park Marina, Indiana
When- July 4, 2017 Fireworks @ DUSK
*Great Lakes Naval Station, Illinois
When- July 3, 2017 Fireworks @ 9:45
July 4, 2017 Fireworks @ 9:30
*Navy Pier Fireworks, Chicago, Illinois
When- Every Wednesday (9:30 p.m.) and Saturday (10:15 p.m.) from May 27 through September 2, 2017
*New Buffalo Beach, Michigan
When- July 3, 2017 Fireworks @ DUSK
*Grand Rapids, Michigan Amway Family Fireworks
When- July 1, 2017 Fireworks @ 10:30
*Milwaukee US Bank Lakefront Fireworks, Wisconsin
When- July 3, 2017 Fireworks @ DUSK (approx. 9:25 p.m.)
*Kenosha Harbor Park Fireworks, Wisconsin
When- July 4, 2017 Fireworks @ 9:30
*Wisconsin Dells Downtown Fireworks, Wisconsin
When- July 4, 2017 Fireworks @ DUSK
Here are some amazingly easy 4th of July food recipes!
Red, White, and Blue Fruit Salad with Honey Glaze
- Wash, cut, and combine fruit and marshmallows in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the honey over the fruit/marshmallows and stir to coat.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
You can add as little or as much honey to your liking and you’re done! It’s such a great, simple recipe for a fun, hot day!
- Hard Pretzels (You’re favorite kind)
- Red, White, & Blue Candy melts (can be found at Walmart or Party City)
- Place Pretzels on a platter with wax paper
- Melt red, white, and blue candy melts according to package directions
- Dip pretzels in the candy melts and place back on wax paper to dry
- Add sprinkles in fun designs
Pretzels are a great snack food, and easy to keep on the road. These cute bites will look great for a 4th of July snack bowl!
Chocolate Cupcake Ice Cream Cones
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix + Box ingredients
- 24 Ice Cream Cones
- 24 Maraschino Cherries
- 1 Cup Softened Butter
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix box cake mix and box ingredients for cake batter.
- Place 24 ice cream cones in cupcake pan
- Fill ice cream cones with cake batter
- Bake in oven for 21-24 minutes or until center is baked through (you can check this with a toothpick)
- Whip butter and vanilla until fluffy, gradually add powdered sugar, and milk until desired consistency is reached
- Transfer frosting to piping bag and decorate creatively (top with red, white, and blue sprinkles and cherries)
So this recipe requires a bit more effort, but it’s so much fun! These are a hit at any party/gathering.
Now for some tips to help keep your pets safe and happy!
- Be sure your pet is wearing a visible ID/Tag on their collar (or go a step further and have them chipped).
- Have a current photo of your pet.
- Make sure your pet doesn’t become overheated, and provide plenty of water for them on a hot day
- Never leave your pet in a car without air conditioning!
- Let your pet out earlier in the day, before all the loud noises and excitement.
- Keep your pet away from any flames or fireworks (including sparklers and glow-sticks)
- During fireworks, keep your pet inside with gentle music or the TV on for background noise to muffle the blasts from the fireworks.
- Give your pet a comfortable place to escape to, i.e. provide them a closet or smaller room with blankets and treats/food
- Never leave party supplies laying around where your curious pet could get into them.
- Some pets do well with compression shirts to comfort them during times of stress
More pets get lost on the 4th of July than any other day of the year, and lost pets increase by 30% July 4-6. Take note of these tips we provided and your pet will thank you!
Thanks for reading our Campland RV blog! We hope you found some useful information for this holiday! Be sure to visit us and check out some of our great summer deals. We hope you have a fun, and safe 4th of July!