Additions for the Amazing Camp-Land Race Cookbook
Smoked Sausage & Potatoes Foil Pack
1/2# New Potaotes (halved & quartered)
1# smoked sausage
1 onion, sliced
4-5 mushrooms, sliced
1 -2 tsps Garlic powder (to taste)
8 oz green beans (fresh or frozen, optional)
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. Make 2 double layer foil packs. Spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Start each packet with a layer of potatoes, then top with the remaining ingredients. Divide the ingredients evenly between the two packets. Season with the garlic powder, salt, & pepper.
3. Top with a pat of butter.
4. Start to fold the first layer of foil closed, but leave one end open. Pour some water into the packet. Finish folding the packet & second layer closed. Leave room for air to flow through as it cooks.
5. Cook for about 20 minutes & flip half way through. Cook until the potatoes are soft to a poke with a fork.
Adding the last seasoning to the Soon to be Smoked Sausage Potato Pack.
Smoking the Sausage & Potato pack.
Chili Cheese Fries
1 package of frozen French fries
green chilies, chopped, 1 can
Hormel Chili with beans, 1 can
Shredded Cheddar Cheese, 1 cup
Foil and/or foil pan
1. Fold a long sheet of foil in half and again so that you have 4 layers (or use a foil pan). Fold the foil so that it creates a shallow rectangular dish.
2. Spray the foil.
3. Put a layer of bacon on the bottom of the dish.
4. Place fries in the dish.
5. Spread chilies and chili over the fries. Reserve a little chili for adding at the end.
6. Layer the cheese on top.
7. Cover the dish with another piece of foil.
8. Cook over campfire for 15 – 20 minutes. (We found that stirring occasionally seemed to help keep the cooking even). Check for doneness. The fries are done when they are cooked through and cheese has melted.
9. Pour remaining chili on top and heat for a few more minutes.
Cooking the burgers and the topper the Chilli Cheese Fries
Adding the last bit of cheese to Chilli Cheese Fries Sayers Style
Good Campfire food,those Chilli Cheese Fries
Omelet in a baggie
Eggs or egg beaters
Milk (if you use real eggs)
Veggies, chopped up (mushrooms, onion, green peppers, spinach, etc)
Cheese, your choice
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. Boil water in a pot or other type of container.
2. Mix eggs with milk (like scrambled eggs). Pour it into a sandwich size baggie.
3. Add whatever vegetables and cheese you choose. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Zip baggie most of the way up. Be sure to get out as much air as possible.
5. Place baggie in the boiling water. You may need to force it down with a fork or other utensil to make sure it cooks everything.
6. When egg is fully cooked through remove it from the water. Tear open the baggie and put it on a plate.
The Omelet in a baggie going into the hot water.
Omelet in a baggie ,the end results.
Breakfast in a Bag
Ingredients (per person)
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Paper bag, lunch size
1. Cut a slice of bacon in half. Lay the two strips in the bottom of the paper bag.
2. Scattered some hashbrowns on top of the bacon.
3. Crack egg(s) and place on top of the hashbrowns.
4. Salt & pepper to taste.
5. Fold over top of paper bag. Place the thick part of the bag, due to fold on a stick. I used a marshmallow toasting rod.
6. Place bag over fire, about 6” inches above, but be carefully not to let it get too close and catch on fire. Cook for about 10 minutes.
7. Open bag to check if the eggs are done to your liking. If so tear the bag open or just tear off top and eat from the bag. It’s greasy so you may want a plate under it to keep it off pants.
The egg, the last of the ingredients is in the bag.
If you get too close to the fire,there goes Breakfast.
Scrambled Eggs & Hot Dogs
in a Pie Iron
Hot Dogs, sliced
1. Whisk eggs and milk together.
2. Spray both sides of the pie iron with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Pour egg mixture into the pie iron up to the lip of the pie iron.
4. Add hot dog slices to the eggs.
5. Close pie iron and carefully place over campfire. You will want to be sure to keep the pie iron level.
6. Cook for about 3 minutes on one side and then flip over the pie iron for an additional 2 minutes.
A Kids egg breakfast. What kid does not like hotdogs.
Nana Nutella (Banana Bread Butter Nutella)
1. On two pieces of bread butter one of the sides and place the bread in a pie iron with the buttered side facing the iron.
2. Spread Nutella on one slice of bread.
3. Slice the banana and place it on the Nutella.
4. Place the remaining piece of bread on top with butter side facing you.
5. Close pie iron. Then place pie iron in the campfire and heat on both sides for a couple of minutes until the bread is toasted.
6. Let cool a couple of minutes before you eat.
Nothing like Banana and Nutella. A great kid dish.
Cooking a good hot desert Nana Nutella