Steak Foil Pack
1 pound steak
Italian dressing – ½ bottle
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. pepper
2 small onions, diced
1 (8 oz.) package of mushrooms, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
4 cloves garlic, sliced
4 small potatoes, cubed
¼ c. olive oil
½ c. lemon juice
1. At home, cut steak into bite sized pieces and place it in a large zip-loc baggie.
2. Pour in Italian dressing, garlic powder, and pepper and shake. Allow the steak to marinade overnight.
3. Cut up the vegetables and add them to the baggie with the steak.
4. Pour in the olive oil and lemon juice; then mix well.
5. Evenly divide the mixture between 4 large sheets of aluminum foil and then fold closed.
6. Double the foil around each pack.
7. Cook over the campfire until the steak is cooked and the potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes. Flip it at least once during the cooking.
8. Carefully remove the pack from the fire with tongs.
9. Open packet and pour contents onto plate. Be careful of steam coming out of the packet.
The finished product, from the Steak Foil Pack.
Chicken and Rice Foil Pack
Aluminum Foil, Heavy Duty
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2/3 c. uncooked instant rice
4 Chicken Breasts (approx.. 4 oz pieces)
1. Place 1 piece of chicken on foil. You will place each chicken breast on its own foil.
2. Mix cream of mushroom soup and rice.
3. Spoon rice mixture over chicken, equally.
4. Sprinkle with Paprika.
5. Seal the foil and place on fire or grill about 6” above fire.
6. Cook for about 40 minutes; turning once.
Preparing the Chicken Rice Foil Pack Dinner.
The finished products from the chicken and rice packs cooked over the campfire.
Pie Iron Cuban Sandwich
Italian bread, slices
Pickles, sliced (like stackers)
Dijon Coarse-Ground Mustard
1. Spray non-stick spray in pie iron sides.
2. Put Dijon mustard on one side of both pieces of bread.
3. Place 1 piece of bread in the pie iron, Dijon mustard facing up.
4. Put cheese on bread.
5. Layer ham and turkey on next, then pickle.
6. Put other piece of bread on top, with the Dijon mustard facing down.
7. Close pie iron.
8. Cook for about 8 minutes, until bread is lightly toasted. Turn occasionally.
Putting the Dijon Mustard on the Cuban Sandwich,one of the steps right before cooking.
The Cuban Sandwich ,hot out of the pie or sandwich maker.
Pie Iron Veggie Melt Sandwich
Zucchini – rounds – 1/8”
Roasted red pepper, from jar, sliced in strips
1 Tbsp Basil, dried
Basil, fresh ***
Salt & Pepper, to taste
Italian Bread slices, to fit pie iron
1. Cut up your vegetables.
2. Sauté the Zucchini, onion, and garlic until tender.
3. Add roasted red pepper, pepper, salt, and basil to sauté and cook for about 3 more minutes.
4. Spray pie iron with Pam spray. Place a slice of bread in the iron.
5. Place a tomato slice on the piece of bread.
6. Top with the sauté mixture.
7. Place a slice of cheese on top of the mixture.
8. Top with the other bread slice; then close iron.
9. Cook for approximately 8 minutes; flipping occasionally. Cook until the bread is slightly browned.
*** I place some fresh basil on top of the tomato slice.
The cucumbers being cut for the Veggie Melt by Team Sayers.
The Veggie Melt already to be consumed
An unidentified Team Sayers member, cooking the Steak Foil Pack over the open flames.