Team Sayers is not afraid to try unique recipes while camping.
Here are two more breakfasts,2 desserts or snacks and one meat recipe. Enjoy these camping food creations by team Sayers.
Eggs in a Nest
in a pie iron
1. Cut a circle out of the center of a piece of bread.
2. Butter both sides of the bread.
3. Place the slice of bread in the pie iron. You may want to spray the pie iron so that the breakfast will release a little easier.
4. Crack an egg and fill the center of the bread with the egg.
5. Close the pie iron and carefully place it over the fire. You want to be sure not to tilt the iron or the egg may come running out.
6. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on one side then flip to the other side for an additional 3 minutes.
Fudgey Cake Bars
1 yellow cake mix
1/3 c. oil
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Heat approximately 26 charcoal briquettes.
2. Combine cake mix, eggs, and oil.
3. Grease the Dutch oven.
4. Press 2/3 of the cake mix into the bottom of the Dutch oven.
5. Melt chocolate chips and condensed milk together.
6. Pour chocolate mixture over the cake mix in the Dutch oven.
7. Sprinkle the remaining crust over the chocolate.
8. Put 10 charcoal briquettes under the Dutch oven & 16 briquettes on the top (to create a ring and a half).
9. Cook for 20 minutes or until the cake has turned golden. Be sure to turn the lid and the oven in opposite directions at regular intervals.
Mushroom Swiss Stuffed Patty
1# ground beef
onions, diced or onion flakes
ranch dip mix
1. Mix beef , onions, and the ranch dip mix together.
2. Make 4 patties out of the hamburger.
3. Wrap the hamburger patty around the mushrooms and Swiss cheese mixture. So that they are inside the patty.
4. Cook the patty until it is no longer pink.
5. Serve on bun.
Peanut Butter Mallow Pudgie Pies
1. On two pieces of bread butter one of the sides and place the bread in a pie iron with the buttered side facing the iron.
2. Spread peanut butter on one slice of bread.
3. Place marshmallows on top of the peanut butter.
4. Place the remaining piece of bread on top with butter side facing you.
5. Close pie iron. Then place pie iron in the campfire and heat on both sides for a couple of minutes until the bread is toasted.
6. Let cool a couple of minutes before you eat.
Pie Iron Frittata
1 Egg or egg substitute
Bacon – 1 slice
Cheese, your choice
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. Cut the bacon into thirds and place on the bottom of the pie iron.
2. Top with a thin layer of hashbrowns.
3. Add veggies of your choice.
4. Whisk egg with milk or use egg substitute. If you use egg substitute pour until the mixture reaches just below the edge of the iron.
5. Spray the lid with non-stick spray.
6. Close the lid and carefully place it over the campfire. Keep it level so that the mixture does not pour out the sides.
7. Cook without turning over for about 7-8 minutes. Do not put too close to fire.
8. When cooked add cheese of your choice and let it set for about 1 minute to allow it to melt.